
So, when I was visiting my sweet pregnant friend last week, I noticed she had John Piper's God is the Gospel book in her reading corner. Thumbing through the book, I thought "I would really enjoy reading this...it's Piper, which is always a challenge, but it's short enough that maybe I wouldn't get too overwhelmed and set it aside, or take 2 years to chew on...Hmmm"
So, I did chew on the prospect for a few days, pondering about whether it would be a good investment of my small monthly "Miscellaneous Fund"(half of which has already been spent buying an excercise ball at Wal-Mart...leaving scarcely any for the dear husband). I thought, "Maybe I'll wait until next month..." And THEN, I remembered "I have a birthday this month! I will ask for it for my birthday..." So, I mentioned it to my sister when she asked what I wanted last night, and guess what? She's reading it right now too! What a coincedence! "It must be a good book..." I thought to myself. Perfect. I will ask for it for my birthday.
So then I decided to get online and just see how much the little book actually costs, and guess what else?! They have the whole thing online that you can download! FOR FREE!! {click here} What a great day this is turning out to be.
The acid-test of biblical God-centeredness- and faithfulness to the Gospel- is this:
Do you feel more loved because God makes much of you, or because, at the cost of His Son, he enables you to enjoy making much of Him forever? Does your happiness hang on seeing the cross of Christ as a witness to your worth, or as a way to enjoy God's worth forever? Is God's glory in Christ the foundation of your gladness?




No comments:
Post a Comment