"She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy..." Prov 31:20
Celtina, Misael, Izabel, Estebana, Carmensita, Veronica, Elias, and Cesar
I would like to talk for a {brief} moment about a dear friend of mine. She understands only about 25% English. I understand only about 10% Spanish. She lives in a country rampant with poverty and civil unrest. I live in a country where people start complaining about how much it costs now to fill up their SUV. As a single woman, she adopted 6 children off the street (and now married, has another of her own) not only to provide them food, clothing, and shelter, but also to give them an education, council, and hope. I talk about wanting to adopt children one day and people ask, "Why? You can't have any of your own?" Our worlds are totally different, but our hearts are 100% the same- to see the Gospel penetrate the hearts of the hopeless.
The following is an email she sent me last week that I thought I'd share with you...again, to open our eyes to poverty, the needs of our brothers and sisters plodding on harder ground than us, and our responsibility to carry this burden with them. It is not theirs alone to bear.
Hola my sweet friend,
I hope you are doing very well,we are fine,well with some problems here, you know the girl that use to work with us she went,because she got a good job with a good payment and so she does`t want to stay anymore with us,now i have to fine a good christian woman who love Jesus and love the children,please pray for us,we need a new woman as soon is posible,because i need help with all the children,now i am for myself ,and some time is difficult, but the important thing is God is with us,my dear i would like to say thank you very much for all you love and support to us,i recieved the money that you are sending with Pat and Amanda, you are so kind my God will give more to you.my dear friend,could you send me the mail from jenn,i would like to write her,she send some money too,amanda told me that she have baby i feel so happy for her. Thank you so much again for all your love.say hi to your husband for us. take care and a big hug to you.
Celtina
Be looking for further posts on this sweet sister of mine. She will be the recipient of our Summer Fundraiser, which right now is tentatively July 11.




Lauren,
ReplyDeletethanks so much for sharing this! we read it tonight at comm. group. we are praying for celtina.