So, one thing I would like to start doing with Orphan & Widow is a day of photo shoots each quarter. It would go like this: You would sign up for a 45 min session in either the morning or afternoon (8-12 and 1-4), have a wonderful time playing around with your kids (or whomever) while I get to document it and we all have a grand time! All revenue from the day would go to one specific missionary or ministry that I will highlight that day. And guess what? You can go ahead and start reserving your spot for Spring! It will be Saturday, April 4 , so put it on your calendar and shoot me an email. {Also}, like I said, Orphan & Widow is not about photography and I would prefer it to not be just me (hint, hint!). So, anyone who would be interested in raising money for the cause (attn: sew-ers, crafters, potters, bakers!), get in touch with me and we can arrange a display booth to showcase your giftings and raise money for the Ministry-of-the-Day. I think I have already decided on the first recipient, so be checking back for details to come!
PS- I would like to come up with a more creative title for these quarterly fun shoots, but am not thinking of anything at the moment. Any ideas???



hey
ReplyDeletei heard about your ministry and got your blog from your sister jenn and i am so impressed and grateful for your obedience in following God's call to use your gifts for His kingdom. I am a true lover of photography, although I'm just a beginner myself. So i would love to come to your photo shoot on april 4th so that you can take some pics of our family (my husband, myself, and our 6 month little boy). I was thinking around 11am would work good for us but we can be flexible if other slots would work better. Thank you again for this service and for your heart for orphans and widows. James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
hey lauren, it's jamie and i'm a friend of jenn(thru megan wall). i'd love to have some pics taken of my girls. they are close to rollins and christian's ages. we'll be out of town the weekend of the 4th but let me know if you have another upcoming date! thanks and this is a great ministry! i'm confused about how to get you my contact info...i'll email jenn! thanks again.
ReplyDelete