So, today I was thinking....
maybe I could make that soap dispenser worth it (Check out previous post if you are not sure what I am referring to). And here is how: I looked over my list of ten things that I could do with $20, decided I would choose #10, to help make a difference in the life of a prostitute, and listed my nice, elegant, sophisticated soap dispenser on Ebay. If you are interested in partnering with me in this endeavor, please go bid on my listing at the following link (only 5 more days I think!):
"How are you going to send $20 to a prostitute living in a slum all the way across the world?" you might ask. Well, I have decided to use the money to support a friend who is leaving soon to live in one of those slums for the sole purpose of identifying with the poor and building relationships that might one day lead to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. When he was telling us of this particular young girl who was selling her body to support her three children, he said they had the unique opportunity to pray with her at the end of their conversation with her. Even as they were surrounding her in prayer, her pimp was in the shadows arranging her deal for the evening. Talk about spiritual warfare! And a realistic picture of how Satan fights tooth and nail for our souls. So, no, maybe the $20 will not go directly into the hands of that young mother, but it will go towards giving others just like her bread and Life that continues giving past the end of Twenty Dollars.
Any other ideas on how to make it worth it? Send them my way! I would love to find creative ways to give toward every single item on the list.
PS- Pictures to come soon! I promise I have been taking some (even though I haven't posted), and today was Fall Photoshoot Day, so there will be plenty of adorable ones coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment