Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Sabbath is for Giving Thanks...



1. ...for the still quiet morning that beckons my heart to draw near and listen to His voice...


2. ...for the sweet sound of fresh coffee brewing, the aroma clearing the fog from sleep and stirring my thoughts to life


3. ...for the sun rising and reminding me of the beauty and new beginning that each day holds.


4. ...for the manna God provides my little one through the sustenance of her mother's milk.


5. ...for the sweet reminder from Scripture that "...man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Deut. 8:3)


6. ...for the ability to enter into another one's suffering, to be a part of their story, and to share joy where there might otherwise be only despair.


7. ...for the gift of being able to find the words I want to say and convey my thoughts clearly; to be heard and understood.


8. ...for the chance to hold a withered fragile hand, and for a moment consider all the lives it must have touched.


9. ...for the gift of my sweet baby girl to have the undivided attention of her daddy, and for that daddy to know that he is all the world to the sweet baby girl.


10. ...for the kiss of the one I love at the end of a long hard day, and for the arms that remind me that God is truly good.































"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of His wonderful deeds."

~Psalm 9:1

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying all your new posts Dog! Thanks for the encouragement and conviction. I can always count on you :)

    ReplyDelete