Monday, March 9, 2009
ART.FOR.THEM
So, I want to make everyone aware of a very unique ministry similar to mine that is being headed up by a dear friend of mine, Kate Defuniak. Kate is a gifted artist who just tapped into one of her many talents about a year ago: mixed media art (not to be confused as "multi-media" art, which I have mistakenly been calling it lately, HA!). She has helped inspire me to raise awareness and support for those living in utter poverty through her ministry of selling her artwork to raise funds for Peruvian streetboys and those who go to minister to them throughout the year. The ministry is titled ART.FOR.THEM, and the first "Art Show" is this Saturday evening at her home in Southside! Kate so inspired me recently that I have actually created my first mixed media art peice {which I was supposed to be posting a picture of}, but since I am in Louisiana for a few days and forgot my picture at home, it will have to wait (sorry Kate!) Anyway, check it out...and come check out the many other talents that will also be showcased on Saturday as well. Can't wait to see you there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment