My sister just posted an incredible blog post that speaks volumes to my heart right now as it is quite raw from the exposure to suffering I have had in recent days, weeks and months. It makes me realize how truly blessed I am, regardless of the weariness I feel through ministering to those who are deeply suffering. It has sweetly reminded me of the power of prayer and the desire of the Lord that we bring our burdens to Him rather than try to carry them in our own strength. Please check it out at http://ryanandjenn.blogspot.com/2009/04/weeping-may-tarry-for-night-but-joy.html. I pray it blesses you in the way it has me today. And more than that, I pray it motivates you to be in prayer for our brothers and sisters suffering in Christ, and especially for those suffering without the knowledge of God's redemptive and healing Grace.
"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail and
the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
He makes my feet like the deer's;
He makes me tread on my high places.
~Habakkuk 3:17-19




No comments:
Post a Comment