1. Disney is coming out with a new fairy tale hit movie that highlights a black princess. Could there possibly be anything better in the world? FINALLY, little girls can quit feeling ostracized by all the white princesses out there, and realize that there dreams of someday becoming a princess, or a First Lady- {yes, they said that}- really could come true.
2. The Craigslist Killer- need I say more?
3. Why women are leaving men for other women
4. Waterboarding and how the CIA has become corrupted and abused over "the last four years" and how revealing all of their misguided tactics is actually going to free them up to return to their roots as a "classical espionage" organization.
So, although I had a good physical workout in those 30 minutes, I unfortunately have been quite disturbed in my spirit by the lack of news that I am being fed through mainstream media. My initial response to these headlines: "WHO CARES? Can you not feed me something with more meat than that?"
However, I also realize that it is pertinent that I pay close attention to what is in our news, as it is indicative of the cultural climate I live in, regardless of how frustrating it may be. It blatantly reveals the sinful heart of man, thereby helping to direct my prayers for this nation and postmodern generation. If I look Biblically at the societies who have turned to worship their own gods, they head towards destruction and are given over to their own passions and desires. This nation is in desperate need of new hope and new life, and that is what I will continue to pray for.
In the meantime, I will also attempt to wade through the muck, find some peice of truth that does not have a biased spin to it, and hope that through it all I can begin to better understand the plight of the majority of the world's population {outside of an American perspective}, who have it a lot harder than we do, and who are probably not feeling too liberated by the new black princess on the scene.

"But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Good News..."Romans 10:14-15
Lord, give me good news, for their sake and for Your glory.




No comments:
Post a Comment